What do you imagine when you hear the word "diet"? An obese woman staring longingly at a plate of vegetables? A sick man holding a traditional recipe: "You can't be greasy, spicy. . . "? Or the unfortunate figure shown to you by the insidious scales in the morning? If so, pay attention to your diet and blood type nutrition. This is the type of diet that will tell you exactly what to take off the store shelves so you don't close your eyes when entering the scales. Blood group diet menu is different, so you do not need to go hungry.
But if you only have the willpower, a blood type-appropriate diet is right for you. Opinions about the system are ambiguous, but many have achieved excellent results, and so can you. Let's take a closer look at the types of food and learn how to choose a diet according to blood type.
Diet and nutrition according to blood type
The story invented by Peter D'Adamo (the inventor of the blood group diet) is like a beautiful legend.
The first humans on earth still did not know how to cultivate the soil and grow their own food. All ancient people ate the same food: what they could catch. Therefore, according to the doctor, they all had one blood type: the first.
Apparently, the monotonous meat dish makes people bored quickly, and thus the first amateur gardeners appear. That is, people began to cultivate the land and harvest, and the food became more varied and delicious. Not everyone fell in love with vegetables and fruits, so blood types did not change at once, but began to differ. For meat eaters - the first, for those who are starting to eat plant foods - the second.
The third blood group appeared when people began to migrate and sometimes had to eat everything that came along the way without paying attention to their taste.
Over time, evolution transformed the savages who grew up with cudgels into civilized people, and a fourth of the first and second groups emerged. Connoisseurs of D'Adamo's theory call them "city dwellers. "They can also be called "aristocrats", because according to the doctor, red caviar and expensive wine are the most suitable for this type.
We are all the descendants of these amazing ancient people, so we have to eat accordingly: this is the main idea of D'Adamo.
Thus, by choosing the right menu for the diet and nutrition system according to blood type is reduced.
How to choose a diet according to blood type
How to choose a diet according to blood type is a topical question, but the answer is simple: do a special test.
Expensive clinics offer a complete pre-diet examination: tests for both composition and blood type, as well as intolerance tests for certain types of food. Perhaps such a comprehensive approach to work will really help to quickly adapt to new nutritional conditions. But if this service is too expensive for you, get a blood type test and you can start a diet.
Diet by blood type: menu
Special tables have been prepared describing the diet menu in detail by blood type. Products for each group are divided into three types: recommended, prohibited and neutral. Let's write the main points of nutrition by blood type.
Menu for the first blood group
- Recommended: meat and fish diet, some vegetables (broccoli, beets, pumpkin).
- Neutral products: cottage cheese, butter, cereals, green tea.
- Prohibited: smoked meat and fish, pickles, milk and sour milk products, wheat flour products, strong alcohol and black tea.
Menu for the second blood group
- Recommended: you can use any fruit, a little fish and meat (chicken or turkey), mushrooms, herbal teas and coffee.
- Neutral products: yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, cereals and white wine.
- Prohibited: any meat and offal (except those mentioned above), any caviar, dairy products, including ice cream, flour products (except rye and buckwheat flour), cruciferous vegetables, citrus fruits, strong alcohol and black tea.
Menu for the third blood group
- Recommended: lamb, rabbit and eggs, most fish species, dairy products, some vegetables (cabbage, carrots, beets), bananas, grapes, green tea.
- Neutral foods: beef, flour products, including bread, all fruits (except pomegranate and avocado) and vegetables (except potatoes).
- Prohibited: poultry, seafood, all kinds of cereals and alcoholic beverages.
Menu for the fourth blood group
- Recommended: lamb, rabbit and turkey, fish, red caviar, fermented dairy products, rye and oat flour, as well as products made from them, vegetables and fruits.
- Neutral products: eggs, wheat flour products, herbal teas, white and red wine.
- Prohibited: any meat, milk, cereals, carbonated and alcoholic beverages, except for the three permitted types.
As you can see from the recommendations, the blood group diet menu is very diverse and it is quite possible to find the elements that suit you in each type of food.
Blood group diet: research and results
Now that you've learned about D'Adamo's nutritional principles, you're probably interested in reviewing your blood type diet.
Opinions about this type of diet, as usual, were divided into two irreconcilable camps. Those who foam at the mouth claim that it is impossible to lose weight in this way, and that it is generally not worth calling a diet a system that does not limit the amount of food, but prohibits certain types of food. Others idolize D'Adamo and are happy to see the results of following his advice. Who to trust?
Experts are unequivocal: they call a diet a drug based on blood type and claim that it will not work, and it can be dangerous - because it is not properly studied.
This position is shared by many nutritionists and physicians such as Robert Carroll, Victor Herbert and Francis van Rijnen.
But there are others. For example, people who are able not only to lose weight, but also to heal the body, strengthen the immune system and improve metabolism. Their blood type diet helped them. Weight loss will be followed by fatigue and constant tiredness. There are stories of someone losing 20 pounds a month, and there are photos of slim girls in bikinis and guarantees that people will stop getting sick by starting to eat D'Adamo.
It is your choice to lose weight using this method or to choose another one. Given the variety of foods allowed for consumption, it is safe to say that such a diet will not go hungry anyway. But if you decide to lose weight, be sure to consult a dietitian or at least one therapist. Only a doctor will be able to prescribe a diet that will help you lose weight and not harm your health.