To be in shape and get a fantasy figure - no woman will give up. Going to the gym is often postponed due to self-doubt or fear of change. There is a way out - yoga to lose weight. Such classes will help to squeeze the figure and lose weight, but also give a charge of self-confidence, cheerfulness and positivity. Yoga improves not only the figure, but also the human mind, because there are many fans in this direction.
The effectiveness of yoga for weight loss
Yoga is a proven way to lose weight by many women.
Moreover, these classes move in three directions at once:
- improve figure and strengthen muscles;
- to develop consciousness;
- to believe in themselves and change their attitude to the world.
This experience combines physical and spiritual development, so it is ideal for women who are unsure of themselves and their strengths.
Yoga not only helps you lose weight, but also changes your attitude towards your body, habits and lifestyle. It is the whole worldview that makes a person's life definitely better, easier and happier.
But you should immediately understand that yoga classes work very slowly, so losing 5 kg per week will not work. The result depends on diet and habits. A combination of regular exercise, a balanced diet and daily routine is the key to success. You will have to work here, but working on yourself is always fun and very effective in yoga.
For starters, weight loss can be mastered at a yoga center, fitness club or at home. For starters, it is still recommended to choose group sessions with a coach. Under the supervision of a specialist, all the easy things will be easier to master, and the support of like-minded people will load you with something positive and will not allow you to turn off the intended target.
What problem areas of the body are affected by asanas?
The basis of yoga is meditation, proper breathing techniques and asanas. Meditation helps to regulate the right mood, clear the mind of daily worries and find harmony between the inner and outer worlds. A special breathing technique helps manage vital energy, saturates all cells in the body with oxygen and improves blood and lymph flow through the arteries.
Asanas are a key part for those who want to lose weight. The term refers to specific exercises that are mainly static, aimed at strengthening and stretching the muscles.
Combining these areas in one lesson helps:
- to achieve harmony with the surrounding world;
- get rid of stress and insomnia;
- throw away anxiety and uncertainty;
- gather strength;
- increase the body's endurance;
- develop a muscle corset;
- Get excellent stretching.
As you can see, yoga has a positive effect on a person's whole life, strengthening both body and soul.
Yoga poses affect the whole body at once. The study of problem areas depends on the chosen field of practice.
- Hatha yoga.This is the most popular and required direction called classical yoga. It is based on the slow change of the asanas, the exercises involve more ligaments than the large muscles, so such exercises are better for those who want to stretch well. Hatha yoga tones the whole body. There are many asanas, a coach will help you create an individual program. Some centers have a separate hatha yoga area with a collection of asanas that are active in problem areas. The advantage of Hatha yoga is that it does not require good physical training at first.
- Fitness yoga.This is a new type of yoga yoga, adapted for group classes in fitness clubs, aimed at overweight people and all those who want to improve their physical performance. While the main emphasis in Hatha yoga is on proper breathing and static asanas flowing properly from each other, the fitness direction is more dynamic and includes more exercises. This type of yoga helps to lose weight, but it affects the whole body, not specific areas.
- Strong yoga. Another new direction that involves large muscles, combining special breathing techniques and quite complex asanas. This direction is for real warriors, because it is based on the rapid and dynamic change of asanas. The direction is suitable for more experienced athletes who want to learn to control their thoughts and at the same time strengthen the muscles of the thighs, legs, hips and back.
- Bikram yoga.This direction differs by holding classes in heated rooms. The result is excessive sweating, leading to rapid weight loss. True, this type of exercise puts an extra burden on the heart and blood vessels, so it is contraindicated in a number of cardiovascular diseases.
Popular kundalini yoga is more spiritual than physical exercise, and nidra yoga helps you recover after a hard workout. In general, for those who want to lose weight, it is better to focus on fitness yoga and strength training. But hatha yoga is suitable for almost everyone, regardless of physical characteristics.
To get started, you need to choose a training format - home or group classes. If a person is going to do yoga at home, you need to learn the theoretical part and a detailed description of all the asanas, and then create your own program.
It is better to do it in the morning. If your goal is to lose weight, it is advisable to exercise before breakfast. You can eat two hours after class.
- The optimal time for beginners is 1 hour. After 1-2 months, the duration can be extended to one and a half hours. You need to do this three times a week to get the effect.
- You need to choose comfortable loose clothes for classes, as a rule, apply yoga barefoot. In addition, you will need a special carpet to train at home.
- Another important nuance is a positive attitude. It is recommended to start training in a good mood, after getting enough sleep and feeling healthy. For any illness, such as a cold, fever, or rhinitis that makes nasal breathing difficult, it's best to reschedule.
- Also, some women have difficulty exercising during menstruation, so you can rest during this period.
For starters, the following easels are recommended for weight loss:
- "Plank" - run the back, back, press and arms;
- "Cat" - squeezes the press, helps to remove fat from the abdomen and sides;
- "Cobra" - strengthens the hips and hips;
- Downward-facing dog - strengthens the legs and latissimus dorsi, forms a muscular corset;
- Locust is an effective exercise for squeezing from ear to hip and hip;
- "Wooden" - strengthens the legs and hips.
This simple and effective course can be easily learned at home. After completing these exercises, it is recommended to stop training in the position of a dead person. This asana helps to relax and unwind and should be done within 10 or 15 minutes. To do this, you need to lie on the floor and relax all the muscles of the body, freeing the mind from unnecessary thoughts.
- It is recommended to start the set of exercises with a wooden pose. To do this, you should lean on your arms bent at the elbows, your legs straight, lean on your socks.
- The cat pose is performed on your knees, leaning on the straight arms placed in front of you. Take a deep breath and then breathe in like a cat and roll your back.
- Cobra Pose: Lie on the floor with your arms and legs outstretched. Lift your upper body while breathing and keep it in this position.
- Dog looking down: Stand on all fours, extend your arms forward, and then stand on your feet with your hands on the ground. The growth is carried out by exhalation.
- The locust asana is carried out as follows: while lying on your stomach, put your hands on your sides, then at the same time tear your chest and legs off the ground.
- Tree Creation - While standing straight, with your arms outstretched above your head, press one leg bent at the knee into the heel of the other leg.
Each exercise should be done within 20-30 seconds. You can do a few repetitions or increase the time spent on one asana - it all depends on endurance and physical fitness.
Breathing techniques are the key to losing weight
It is impossible to lose weight effectively with yoga without special breathing techniques. Proper breathing speeds up metabolism, improves lymph flow and thus helps to lose weight.
According to trainers, breathing yoga practices can reduce hunger and make it easier to follow a strict diet.
One of the simplest but most effective applications is to breathe through the tongue. To do this, you need to open your mouth, point your tongue and roll. Take a deep breath with your tongue, count, then close your mouth and breathe through your nose. Repeat 10 times. You can apply this breath when you feel premature hunger.
The cost of nutrition during exercise
If you do not change your eating habits, yoga classes available to everyone will no longer have serious consequences in the fight against weight. Yoga is the practice of staying away from foods of animal origin. It is not necessary to do this, but it is strongly recommended to reduce the amount of meat and milk consumed by limiting the amount of such foods to 3 to 5 meals a week.
Breakfast is a must and the first meal should be hot. Yogis believe that the main meal should be when the sun is especially bright, ie in the afternoon. At this time, lunch can be very satisfying, but it is advisable not to forget the allowable calorie content. It is better to limit yourself to light meals. Eat vegetables and fruits during the day.
It is important to chew food well, to surrender completely to this process and not to be distracted by external stimuli.
Make sure you drink plenty of water. It is recommended to drink 100 ml per hour. You should set a reminder or alarm so as not to miss the meeting.
It is recommended to avoid coffee and tea to lose weight effectively during exercise, as these drinks retain fluid in the body and limit the use of fried and fatty foods.
What are the contraindications
In the presence of such diseases and conditions, classes should be canceled:
- malignant and benign brain tumors;
- infectious diseases of joints and tendons;
- high blood pressure;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- influenza and SARS.
Pregnant women should not do this arbitrarily. There are special instructions for expectant mothers, but you should consult your doctor before starting such exercises.
In general, yoga is an effective and enjoyable way to squeeze your figure, but you should not expect quick results. Generally, after two weeks of regular training, a slight weight loss of 1-3 kg is observed.