The pancreas is an important organ responsible for many processes. This organ is responsible for the production of enzymes necessary for normal digestion of food. In addition, the pancreas is responsible for insulin production. If it doesn't start working at full capacity, diabetes may appear.Pancreatitis is called pancreatitis in medicine. With such a disease, iron becomes inflamed and a person needs to take measures to restore and improve the body. Drug treatment is used for this purpose, and a diet for pancreatitis with a menu for each day is required.
Nutritional properties for pancreatitis and inflammation
Inflammation of the pancreas is most often associated with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. These are the main causes of organ dysfunction. If there is a cause of inflammation of the pancreas, it is necessary to normalize the production of normal enzymes, otherwise the "self-digestion" mechanism can begin, which can be dangerous to human life and health.
What should be the diet for pancreatitis
The diet for pancreatitis will depend directly on the form of the approximate menu for a week.
The first thing we should not forget is that for any pancreatic disease, you need to go on a fasting diet for 3-5 days. Thanks to such a diet, it will be possible to relax this body and try to eliminate the inflammatory process. During such a diet you can drink a small amount of still mineral water. You can drink more than 4-5 glasses a day. Water can be replaced with natural juices at will, but only with the consent of a doctor.
If the inflammation of the pancreas is acute, you should undergo a course of treatment, and then live and eat as usual. However, you will have to go on a starvation diet for a week, and at the same time on a diet that excludes the use of fatty, fried, spicy, salty foods. It will be possible to use approximately one menu from the diet in accordance with Table 5 to speed recovery.
Diet for acute pancreatitis should include:
- Breakfast. It must consist of oatmeal, biscuits, omelet made of egg white.
- Lunch menu may consist of cottage cheese with a low percentage of milk.
- Lunch can be vegetable casserole, boiled fish or meat, fruit puree or fresh juice. If you drink fruit juice, then it is better to do it before use to preserve all the vitamins and trace elements. Apple juice can be made from bananas. You do not need to prepare orange juice because it is heavy in the stomach.
- Dinner can consist of fish meatballs, vegetable puree, dried fruit compote (apple, pear, apricot). You can also cook boiled potatoes with chicken.
In chronic pancreatitis, the pancreas gradually begins to degrade. In this case, the diet may not be so strict, but it is necessary to follow it. The diet will consist of the fact that a person will have to eliminate everything that will cause the production of many enzymes.
Sample menu for a week with pancreatic disease
For the normal functioning of the pancreas, doctors recommend a diet of at least 1 month. The diet for chronic pancreatitis in adults will be to completely eliminate all harmful foods from the diet and replace them with healthy ones. Such a diet can eliminate inflammation and forget about pancreatitis for a long time.
Menus that can be cooked all week:
- Breakfast. May contain oatmeal cooked in water. If desired, add a little milk after cooking. Rice porridge puree on the water. Carrot puree with boiled fish. You can also make mashed potatoes with baked fish.
- The second breakfastmay consist of apple souffle, jelly, calcined cottage cheese, carrot pudding.
- Lunchcan consist of meatballs, protein steamed omelet, steamed fish root, mashed potatoes and boiled chicken.
- lunchmenu can consist of steamed omelet, vegetable puree soup.
- At dinneryou can cook boiled potatoes, steamed omelet, steamed cheese souffle with fish or chicken.
Although the diet for pancreatitis is very strict, it is very important not to forget to drink weak tea, compote, still mineral water. Among other things, with inflammation of the pancreas, you should eat bread (200 grams) and sugar (30 grams), which can be used in the preparation of certain foods every day.
It is very important that the sample menu is small but frequent. In addition, the food you eat should be hot and fresh. It is very important for a person to eat hot food every week, every day.
Dietary and nutritionist recommendations for pancreatic disease and inflammation
If you want, you can make the menu of pancreatic pancreatitis different and tasty in such a week from a small amount of product. People with pancreatic problems should include the following foods in their diet:
- Yesterday's wheat bread, biscuits. You can not eat fresh bread, because it is considered baking and has a negative impact on health during inflammation. You can eat more than 200-250 grams of such bread a day.
- Steamed, boiled, cooked meat. It is very important to have meat in the diet like chicken or rabbit. You can also use lean beef.
- Lean fish. Both must be boiled or steamed.
- It is important to eat cottage cheese during pancreatitis, it is desirable to have a dough consistency.
- High-viscosity porridge, such as oatmeal, semolina, buckwheat, rice, will all help with inflammation.
- Don't forget vegetables and fruits. Of course, you can't eat them raw, but you can eat them boiled, baked or stewed. It is very important to eat cauliflower puree.
- It is best to use a secondary fund for first courses. The meat used to make the broth is best consumed in a crushed form so that it is digested faster and better.
- You can make a casserole of cottage cheese and pasta. Should evaporate, this is especially important when the body is inflamed.
- It is important to eat protein omelets because they contain many essential substances and minerals necessary for the normal functioning of the body. In addition, during inflammation, proteins help fight the disease faster.
When cooking, add oil after the dish is ready. The fact is that the human body needs fats, so it is impossible to completely exclude them. The amount of fat that can be added to the daily diet should not exceed 50 grams. If for some reason you see that the treatment of the diseased liver and pancreas and diet does not help, you should consult a doctor who will correct the treatment and tell you what to remove from the menu.